Your Guide to Work Life Balance
There will always be problems to solve.
Stress, tension, and long hours can all conspire to make your work environment an unhealthy place to be.
Advice to Improve your Work Life Balance
- Always exercise in the morning before you shower. It is natural to stretch in the morning and always give the best part of your day to yourself.
- Check out Alva Carpenter’s Award-Winning Mini-Morning Workout here.
- Never skip breakfast. Always give your body fuel to start to the day.
- Pack a healthy daily snack – preferably fruit – and a bottle of water.
- Set a limit on your consumption of coffee and tea.
- Decide to enjoy your day. Tackle problems with a positive attitude.
- Look for the best in others and you will find it.
- If dealing with a negative person take a step back and reframe the discussion.
- Keep moving. Sitting at a desk or computer for long periods of time can lead to all manner of aches and pains. Give my office workout a try.
- Breathe. Work-related stress could have a real effect upon your breathing. So take in a deep breath and hold it for a count of four, then breathe out.
- Enjoy your lunch. Eat a light, healthy sandwich with some soup or yoghurt. Avoid working through lunch, even if everyone else does. Take yourself off for a walk in the fresh air.
- Tidy your desk each evening and make notes in order of priority for the next day. Focus on one task at a time.
- Let it be. Refuse to argue over small details and look at the bigger picture.